By phagan. Men Hairstyle Tips. Published at Monday, March 12th, 2018 - 07:31:35 AM.
If you are a man and experiencing hair loss now, you most probably have Male Pattern Baldness (MPB). This is a very common type of hair loss in men and it comes with a receding hairline at the front and accompanied with thinning at the top.
As you age, this thinning gets worse, resulting in the classic "American Bald Eagle" look. Obviously, this does not look good on you. So what can he do to look good again? That's a million dollar question and seems almost impossible to answer.
But there is hope - you may want to consider these nice hairstyling tips you can. This will go a long way towards making you look good again, short of going for hair loss treatments or hair "re-planting" surgery.
So, what bald men hairstyle options are there for you? First, some things to avoid (don'ts)...
1. Avoid combing your hair straight back because this will expose the forehead even more. Although you may cover some bald spots, you will attract more attention to the receding hairline which always make you look older.
2. Avoid using gel on your hair because gel clumps your hair together and reveals the scalp even more. More exposed scalp makes you look even "balder", for a lack of a better word.
3. Avoid growing your hair longer at the back in an attempt to make up for what's missing on top. This strategy messes up your hairstyle and gives it an unbalanced look. Worse still, it draws even more attention to the scalp and the baldness.
4. Avoid the "comb over" or "cover up". This is the typical look of men with MPB. The hair is grown longer on one side of the head and combed over the bald area to cover up any open spaces. Unfortunately, this style is vulnerable to even the slightest breeze can be plain ugly.
5. Avoid growing your hair too long in an attempt to cover up. Why? Because this actually causes hair to separate and show more scalp. In addition, longer hair actually breaks easily because of more weight. You don't want to lose more hair!
Now for some Dos...
1. Grow your remaining hair by a few inches and get a good hair dresser to layer your precious hair. You may even want to brush it forward to break up the receding hairline for a fuller look.
2. Use mousses and conditioners in order to get more natural looking, fluffy hair. This will give your hair more "body" and a fuller look.
3. Now this may seems drastic but the ultimate balding men's hairstyle is to shave it all off, i.e, go completely bald, or at least a very close trim. The shaved look is "in". So don't be surprised if people start giving you compliments on how good you look!
Finally, whatever it is you choose to do, be happy. Cheerfulness can light up anyone's face. A happy bald man definitely looks better than a grouchy one! Have fun.
Any content, trademark’s, or other material that might be found on the PHAGANSNW website that is not PHAGANSNW’s property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does PHAGANSNW claim ownership or responsibility for such items, and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.